Sunday, April 24, 2011

A much needed break...

This week was a much needed vacation for me. It was really the first break I've had all year where I could just relax. Christmas break was a fun, whirlwind of an adventure but it was not exactly relaxing! We spent our first week of Christmas break in the Bahamas where Ben proposed to me! :)

We came home for two days, Christmas Eve and Christmas day...we went to church and parties both days and then took off for round two of our vacation, visiting my parents cabin in Oakhurst for the first time and later going to Shasta so my grandma could meet Ben for the first time.



The day after we got home, I went back to work. It was a magical, fun break but I went back to work exhausted! Months passed and we had our Easter vacation very late this year. The first few days of our vacation, Ben and I joined my parents at their cabin where I got to take walks, paint, and read an entire novel for four days. When we came home, I worked on wedding plans, but instead of it feeling stressful, I finally felt relaxed and enjoyed getting stuff done for our big day! I also made Ben a pie...it had been a little while since I had been tired and stressed from work and wedding planning. I go back to work on Tuesday and we have about 1.5 months left...both till the end of the school year and our wedding. Hopefully it will be as stress-free as possible. I have so enjoyed relaxing the past few days but I do know that there is so much to look forward to--my bridal shower, engagement encounter, my birthday, the rehearsal dinner, our wedding, and the honeymoon to Costa Rica!

PS. 55 DAYS TILL OUR WEDDING!! WOO-HOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment