Saturday, August 13, 2011

Backpacking in the Golden Trout Wilderness

A little break from all my wedding posts!

This past week we spent Monday-Thursday backpacking through the Golden Trout Wilderness (near Mt. Whitney). It's amazing how you can go walk for 37 miles and not see a soul! We only saw people when we were returning to our car and were within 2 miles of the parking lot (other than a few back country horsemen).

On our journey we saw a bear (two actually! a mama and her cub), caught Golden Trout (the most beautiful trout I've ever seen), saw lava fields, and did a TON of walking. When I got home I splurged and bought myself some pedicure supplies because my feet were ruined by all that walking. Plus, with Ben going back to school, I'd like to save some $$ by giving myself my own pedicures! It was fun pampering myself after the 37 mile hike!


At the start of our hike!


Gorgeous scenery as we began our journey


Reminds me of Ireland except much warmer! :)



This trail was much easier to follow than our last hike...maybe that's because there were actually SIGNS!!


Beautiful golden trout!


Me with the smallest trout in the world!




Gorgeous Scenery


My most favorite picture of all of them--thanks to Ben's camera skills!


Proof that we actually hiked 37.1 miles!!

So what about my readers...do you hike? If so, what are some of you favorite spots? Anyone do any backpacking? Ben and I are looking to find some people who would like to join us on a backpacking trip sometime...we figured it'd be nice to have some company on the trail! Let us know if you're interested!

No comments:

Post a Comment