Sunday, August 14, 2011

School tomorrow...aah!

Well, I knew it was going to happen eventually. The best summer of my life would have to come to an end. From the moment it started it was a whirlwind of fun and adventure and that excitement lasted all summer long. I know it won't be the same when I'm back to work and Ben starts school, but at least we know there will be many adventures ahead...just not quite so many in such a short period of time.




In the past 2 months (since June 15th), we have:

1. Had our rehearsal dinner @ Maggiano's
2. Got married at the Hidden Chateau!
3. Spent 8 days in Punta Uva, Costa Rica where we had many adventures (ziplining, swimming, white water rafting, hiking...)
4. Spent a week in St. Louis with Ben's family (site seeing, partying, going to the farm, watched a spectacular fire works show, spent time with my new in-laws and new niece and nephews, went to a Cardinals game, and ate frozen custard @ Ted Drews)
5. Went backpacking in the lower Kern Valley
6. Read several good books (especially "A Separate Peace")
7. Went backpacking in the Golden Trout Wilderness

In addition to that, I've had an awesome time hanging out with friends and family. Today we're going to my parent's end of the summer BBQ and swim party. So I guess the fun isn't over yet. I suppose it's never really over...it'll just be a little different.

What about you guys? What was your best summer memory? Please share in a comment! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment