Saturday, July 16, 2011

June 15th-Medley's arrive

Sooo, I'm going back in time now to retell the last month of my life. On June 15th, Ben's family arrived in California so they could share with us one of the most important days of our lives--our wedding day! On Wednesday, we took them to In N' Out since they don't have them in Missouri and then we hung out and let them relax after their flight.



Thursday morning we all gathered at their hotel and took everyone to Malibu for a beach and hiking day. It happened to be freezing at the beach that morning which was a shame since some of Ben's cousins had never seen the ocean! But, thankfully, they went again on their own when it wasn't quite as cold. The hike was about 2.5 miles and it overlooked the ocean. A perfect way to start our rehearsal dinner day! That night was the rehearsal dinner which I will blog about later :)



Friday I made sure to rest and have some girl time with my mom, Jan, my mother-in-law, Laurie, my sister, Bree, and two friends, Annette and Roxy who helped plan my wedding. We went to Flemmings for Happy Hour and then I went back to my parent's house for the night and tried (tried being the operative word) to sleep even though I was super excited about every moment of the following day.



I've included some pictures here of our time with the Medley's. I am so excited to be a part of their family and to have a new sister-in-law, Melissa, brother-in-law, Scott, and two nieces, Paige and Sabrina, and two nephews, Logan and Landon. What a big and loving family I have added to my small, loving family!

My adorable nephew, Landon! He looks so much like Ben did when he was little!

Beach Day with the Medleys!


Ben and I waiting to go hiking with his family!

Annette, Roxy, & Me at Flemmings

No comments:

Post a Comment