Saturday, September 3, 2011

Reflecting on how good things are...

I am so happy. I am so in love with my husband and feel so grateful to have found him. This week was a bit of a struggle for us with him going back to school, but by the end of the week I realized how much of a team we are and how well we work together.




In the next few years we may not have much money to do fun things, to take fancy vacations, or save much money, but we have something so much more precious. We have each other. And together we are moving towards a goal that will give us and our future family options.

I am so proud of my husband for taking this risk to make his and our lives better. I pray that we can bless each other each day the way I feel so blessed right now. I know I am one lucky girl. When I hear about people I know, children I know, who are losing parents, who are sick, or who are dying themselves, I think about just how much I have to be grateful for. My parents and Ben's parents are healthy and happy. My sister, Bree, is doing well in college and just got a job after trying for nearly 4 months to find one! She and her boyfriend both actually just found jobs which is awesome because now they can work towards the hours they need to graduate. I have two nephews and two nieces who are SOO cute and many other family members who are an awesome support system.

I have a great job that allows me to grow as a person and as an educator, and my co-workers are great people who make it nice to come to work each day. This year I get to teach a class I've always wanted to teach but never have till now: Creative Writing. It's fun being able to teach at least one class where I get to design the curriculum.

What else am I grateful for? Well, this past summer was incredible. Between having my dream wedding and traveling all over the place all summer, I had so much fun!! Since turning 16, I have gotten to travel all over the world...Europe (England, Ireland, France, Italy, Austria, Germany, Holland, Austria, and Switzerland), the Caribbean, Alaska, Hawaii, Belize, the Grand Cayman Islands, Mexico, Canada, Massachusetts, Florida, Missouri, Illinois, Washington, the Bahamas, and Costa Rica.

What else? Well, I'm grateful for my education which has enabled me to get good teaching jobs.

Friends. I'm so grateful for my friends (including family members) and the people in my life who bring joy to me on a daily basis.

And I guess when it's all said and done, I'm so grateful to God for all of this but most especially for bringing Ben into my life. I prayed for years to meet him and I often amaze myself when I look down at my hand and see my wedding ring or when I wake up in his arms on a Saturday morning like I did today and I see him smiling up at me telling me how beautiful I am. Really, what could be better?

Thanks God for everything. And for all the difficult parts of our life, I just pray that you help us to focus on the positive and stay strong and work hard. I pray that I don't complain and that I am able to find joy in the smallest of pleasures.

I love how handsome my husband looks as he kisses my forehead. Ben, I love you.


2 comments:

  1. This is the sweetest thing I have ever read! I love you so much sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a certain peace that is found when you can truly appreciate what matters in life. I'm sure glad (for both of you) that God brought you together!

    ReplyDelete