Wednesday, June 1, 2011

I'm 27!

It's hard to believe I'm 27 years old. In some ways it feels like I just turned 21 getting ready to leave for Europe for a month. In other ways, that feels like a lifetime ago. So much has happened in the past year, the past two years, and when I think back to three years ago my life was completely different. Since turning 25, I started teaching @ Chaminade Middle School, after being laid off from Reseda High School due to the recession. I met Ben a few months later and since meeting Ben life has been full of adventures: first dates, mini-trips, a birthday in Cambria last summer, Ben's proposal in December during our vacation in the Bahamas.

And here we are now. June 1, 2011. I'm 27 years old. On Saturday, some of my girlfriends are taking me out for a little "bachelorette" party...Happy Hour at Flemmings...yay! There are so many exciting things just around the corner.



Today, I felt very blessed at work. We had a fun luncheon for the Religion department. They gave me a card for my upcoming wedding with two giftcards--one to Chile's and one for the AMC theaters! My students brought me brownies, cookies, and cake along with a balloon and a flower pot! I also got cards and warm wishes from my colleagues and students...very nice way to spend the day :)



Last night when Ben got home late from work (2am!) he had brought beautiful pink roses home with a card, and when I woke up this morning for work I got to wake up to them...so nice!



I am very blessed and thank everyone who has made this day special. To a wonderful year and a wonderful life ahead! For me and all of you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment